Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome Levi Andrew!




Can't believe you're here now
Tiny dream come true
The answer to a prayer now
I'm so in love with you

Couldn't wait to meet you
Hope you like your name
I get the funny feeling
Life will never be the same

Safe & sound
You're here with me now
Like I hoped you'd be

Safe & sound
You're here with me now
And that's all I'll ever need

-Matthew West, Safe & Sound



Levi arrived, safe and sound.  We are completely in love and in awe of the tiny 7 pound, 7 ounce gift God has so graciously entrusted to our family.  He is breath-taking and as sweet as he can possibly be.


His birth, though long, intense, and seemingly impossible at times, was a sacred time between My Hero and me.  I honestly have not been able to fully grasp and put into words all of the emotions I felt that day.  Thankfully, my sister captured those long 8 hours beautifully and in a way no words could ever depict.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------





















We are now home.  All 4 of us are home and there is no where else I would rather be.  


Savoring these sweet, fleeting days while counting gift after gift after gift...







Counting gifts continued...


702. Being able to have another natural birth.

703. The fact that he is here and that I do not have to go through labor and delivery again.  Whew!

704. Levi's first screams - those first few moments are miraculous!

705. Falling in love with My Hero on a whole new level as he loved and encouraged me every minute of labor, delivery, and each day since.  Looking back over the pictures makes me tear up seeing how in-tune he is with me.  Thank you, Father, for the man I call my husband.  He is more than I ever prayed for or imagined.

706. Levi Andrew...everything about him- his soft, oh-so-kissable cheeks, button-nose, tiny arms and legs, darling lips, light brown/blonde hair that reminds me of Addison's newborn hair, dark blue eyes that follow me and look deep into mine, his yawns, baby whimpers, and squeaks, his fresh newborn baby smell, and the way his tiny body cozily snuggles into my arms.

707. Standing in awe of our Creator and the works of His hands.

708. Addison meeting Levi for the first time.  Her enthusiasm, joy, and wonder of her little brother is almost more than I can take!  She is so sweet and tender with "Little Buddy."

709. My mom taking such good care of Addison while we were at the hospital.  

710. Nursing and the bond that is so naturally formed from the very first few minutes after birth.

711. Watching him sleep in my arms and not wanting or having to put him down.

712. Not having to go back to teaching as I did with Addison.  How incredibly thankful I am to be able to stay home all day, every day with my two blessings.

713. Friends and family who have celebrated our miracle with us and showered him with love.  The meals they have prepared for us are such an expression of love and a tangible expression of Jesus.  How we treasure their friendships!

714. Quiet times together as a family of four.

715. Middle of the night feedings.

716. A long, uninterrupted shower while My Hero loves our sweet babies.

717.  Amazing pictures that we will treasure forever.

718. Sleep.


10 comments:

  1. Congratualtions! To the whole fmaily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious pictures! I love the ones Christi took during labor and right after Levi was born. Those are such special moments :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post and photo essay. Thank you for sharing. Yes, these days are fleeting, and joy is in the journey always. There will always be beginnings and pain and joy and newness and sweetness...cherish these days, but do not be afraid of the future. You will cherish those days as well. How I enjoyed the pictures ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I needed the reminder that "joy is in the journey always." Can't tell you how many times I have repeated that already as one day melts into the next!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can barely contain my tears. This glimpse of new life, of miracles, of grace is amazing. Blessings to you and your beautiful family. Stopping in from Ann's today.So glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! I just finished reading your post "When you wish you were a different Mommy." Your words are powerful and certainly tap into the tension I feel as well. Thank you for painting such a vivid picture and tying it back to Truth. I will be re-reading your words soon!

      Delete
  5. Oh my...so thrilled for you! What a beautiful God to bless us with such precious bundles!

    Delighted we were neighbors over at Ann's place today so I knew to rejoice with you!

    (and love your 'middle of the night feedings' made your list!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for rejoicing with us Nicole! God is to be praised!

      Delete