Sunday, December 30, 2012

Word for 2013

Here we are, just two days away from closing 2012's door and stepping through the threshold to 2013. 

For the past few years I have chosen a word to focus on throughout the year...

2011 - be still (here)
2012 - intentional (here and here)

and for 2013.....PRAY.



This year I am certain that God has a lot to teach me about how to pray continually, the purpose of prayer, and the importance of interceding on behalf of others.  I want to be intimately connected to the heart of God and I know that prayer is an essential ingredient.  I have been anticipating beginning this journey for awhile and I am very excited, to say the least, for 2013! 

To begin, I have these books on my bookshelf waiting to be read...

Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels
Prayer by Philip Yancey
Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets
A Passion for Prayer by Vonette Bright
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian
Praying God's Word by Beth Moore
The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson


I have also installed the "Prayer Notebook - Christian Prayer Journal" app on my phone.  This will be a great reminder to pray for people's specific needs at certain times each day. 


And finally, I love what Andy Stanley says,


When you pray...

-declare God's greatness
-surrender your will
-acknowledge your dependence for provision, pardon, and protection

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Do you have a favorite book on prayer that you could recommend?
*Any other insights you have on prayer?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment